Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Forgotten

I just watched a very interesting movie with a twist at the end, it is about a mother who is seeking her son. By the way if you watch the trailer this is not an scary movie, its a mystery movie. I don’t want to spoil the end of the movie but the idea of this film is the fight of a mother for seeking the truth about his son who everyone else has forgotten his existence because who has been erased from history and from the memory.
She has to fight against very powerful people to get to the bottom of the truth. The interesting point of the movie (or at least for me) is that a mother will fight till the end for her kids, no matter what, even against the most powerful enemy. After watching this I remembered a scripture:


Isaiah 49:14-16

 But Zion said, ‘The LORD has forsaken me,
      And my Lord has forgotten me.’ Can a woman forget her nursing child,
      And not have compassion on the son of her womb?
      Surely they may forget,
      Yet I will not forget you.
 See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
      Your walls are continually before Me.”
Today actually I had a difficult day, something very important an expensive was missing, and I got very anxious about it. And honestly I said: “why God?”. Then that scripture I just quoted came out to my memory. Sometimes we forget that God is with us, we just got with the routine and we try to get the things done the way we know, and as human we have limitations, and when a circumstances reminds us about it we turn to Him, and we ask why and perhaps we said that God has forsaking us, but He never forgets, He really cares.
If a mother fight for his child, even is powerful people take him out of her, how much more God will do that, sometimes we are the ones who had forgotten, and it is the enemy who wants you to forget, the goodness of God, the miracle of each day, the beauty of each night, the daily provision, his daily care.

No comments:

Post a Comment